Followers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Fun Photo Task to Pass Along!

My new blogfriend at Chronicles of A Veteran Kindergarten Teacher passed this task on to me. Thanks for mentioning me in your blog and highlighting me as a blogger you tagged. I am excited to do this fun task! Thanks VKT!

Here are the rules:
1. Open your 1st Photo folder.
2. Scroll to the 10th photo.
3. Post the photo and the story behind it.
4. Tag 5 or more people

This pic is of some of our students in our ministry training school a couple years ago. I love twenty-somethings so much! I used to be intimidated by them because they made me feel old or out of it, but I have found that brutal honesty is a great way to communicate to & with them. They love it!

This little group are off all over the world doing very different things. Let's see Navy, youth pastor's wife, Military, In & Out Store Manager are some jobs represented here. Some characteristics of 20's...
*Love humor, the edgier the better.
*Hate fake-ness with a passion.
*Care about the environment.
*Passionate about under-privileged. Have a sense of responsibility for others.
*Love to push the boundaries in all areas, especially old church thinking.
*Have a need for more than one set of moms & dads.
*Have huge dreams of their futures but need encouragement to go for it!
*Love clothes & shoes passionately! (Not just the girls!)
*Have a beautiful view of God without too much religiosity, so it is actually FUN to follow Him!

And I get to spend my days with these amazing people!!

Ok five bloggers I enjoy among the hundreds that I love! Yikes! Here goes:
Anything Fits A Naked Man ...a fun & funny blog with a name you'll never forget!
Life With A Little One And More...Jenners was one of my first Followers & she entertains me every time!
An Inch of Gray....A lovely friend who shares about her family, good deals & wonderful do-able crafts for the home.
Sheri's World..an adorable twenty-something who loves books & travel & tells about her life adventures so far.
Gerber Days...is one of my newest followers & she looks delightful. I am looking forward to getting to know her thru her fun blog!

OK Ladies, Grab those rules, tell us about one of your photos & pass this fun task on!
PS - Gerber may or may not be my follower, but she commented me & I'm going to follow her!

10 comments:

  1. Gasp! Thanks so much, Brenda Susan! How wonderfully awesome of you!

    I'm off to peruse my photo album!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 20 something group too! I worked with high school students for years and the college students would always come back and help out...keep in touch...become friends instead of students...always one of my favorite groups! What you say is so so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you caught a few of those students off guard....lol.

    Have a wonderful week Brenda Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for tagging me!! You are too kind.

    PS... Have I ever told you I love your cute sassy hair.... because I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing this meme and tagging me with doing it too! Things like this are fun and gives us the chance to post pictures we otherwise wouldn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet shout out! I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might be able to do this if:

    1. The photo doesn't have the Little One in it (I'm forbidden to use his photo on the blog by my husband) and the chances of that happening are slim to none as he is our primary photo subject

    2. I would have to remember and chances are I won't.

    I think you nailed the characteristics of the 20s though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok Jenners, you are released from the task, love ya anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Brenda, I just posted my photo tag post if you wanted to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda