Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
I guess the idea that her own mother bought such a thing for her was really embarrassing. That cracked me up! Do they think we stop living once we hit 45 or what?
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Can I give you some advice from where I am now? If you would relax & enjoy your friends & even your sister & pesky little brother, you would be having so much more fun. Freckles do not make a difference in your life, so stop putting lemon juice on your nose to fade them, they are adorable.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
- Are movies the art form of our day? And if so, how do they connect with Christian faith?
- How can great books pave the way to faith?
- Do we take sports seriously enough?
- With hundreds of channels screaming for our attention, how do we decide what or whether to watch?
- Must all entertainment Christians enjoy be "family friendly"?
- Can violence be entertainment for Christians?
- Can Christians influence the entertainment industry?
- It's the cry of our culture, but is it compatible with a life of faith?
I was pleased to find the collection of writers for this study guide did not all agree with one another. The book gave differing views to stimulate a group discussion. I also was relieved to find that it was not a book about how totally horrible media was & that true people of faith should run away from it completely. The writers actually admitted to watching & loving TV & going to a variety of movie styles. It is possible that my reluctance to complete this assignment was a pre-conceived idea that the book would be telling Christians to turn off their televisions & spend their evenings praying for the "far-left media monsters". This book did not do that at all. It could be a stimulating discussion starter. Unfortunately, in my experience most people who would come to a group that gathered for this subject specifically, would be of the mind mentioned above.
This blue calico tin tray was one of my first purchases for my home over 30 years ago. For a long time it decorated my kitchen wall & then it moved off the wall & I still use it for a TV tray on the
Friday, August 7, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
I have learned:
- Boys think that if they actually go to all the trouble of picking up something in the bathroom, that counts as cleaning the bathroom.
- Boys believe in super heroes even if they make no logical sense at all. Mutant Ninja Turtles???
- Boys leave dirty soap behind.
- Boys are more honest than girls. They are! They tell on themselves all the time, girls can be sneakier about their misdeeds.
- Boys don't really need toys to have hours of fun. Sticks, rocks & a gutter can be mesmerizing.
- Boys that really are men believe that they can iron some pants & a long sleeve shirt in about 1 minute. Actually he did, by the time I went to see if his iron had heated up enough he said he was done & had put it away!
- Sons like hugs but usually will not initiate.
- Sons get extremely uncomfortable with a women's tears.
- Sons love mom's cooking even if it's not that great.
- Sons still have messy, stinky bedrooms. (Until a wife is in the picture. ) (I hope!)