Friday, October 31, 2008
And...here we go!
1. My favorite food seasoning is CHOCOLATE?.
2. AN EMPTY HOUSE is music to my ears.
3. Lucky is AS LUCKY DOES (HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS!).
4. RELAXING is something I take very seriously.
5. Many people ARE NOT READING MY BLOG.
6. SUPER CUTE SWEATER YESTERDAY! was the last thing I bought at the store.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to PARTY WITH MY STUDENTS, tomorrow my plans include GOING THROUGH SOME BOXES IN GARAGE and Sunday, I want to REST( I TAKE IT VERY SERIOUSLY SEE?!)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Today was a gorgeous sunny day & I had a great time at work with so many fun people! Now I am getting ready to make a taco dinner for my oldest sons' birthday. That little cutie (the one on the right!) has turned 26 this week! I cannot believe it at all! He is in his own apartment now & is very eager to come have a dinner at home! One of his roommates told me that it is so weird to go to the fridge & not just see that food has magically appeared there! Ha! Ah Real life!
Maybe I will do a blog about my amazing sons sometime soon. My oldest is Writer Son & his brother at age 22 yrs is Rocker Son. I'm crazy about them of course!
Well better get into the kitchen & see if I still know how to cook anymore.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
That's all wonderful but I do not own a scale so I was actually excited to go to the Doc for normal lady stuff this last week & hop up on the scale & enjoy the number for a change. I HAD GAINED A POUND!! What's up with that?
Friday, October 24, 2008
Ok I'm sitting here in my comfy chair & reading blog after blog after blog & laughing & smiling as I travel around to all the amazing women out here in internet-land! But just down the hall & within my eyesight the exsercise mat is calling me because we have not been together for THREE DAYS! Not good at all, because that means I'm going to be all stiff now & have to warm up longer in order to do anything harder.
So I keep saying to myself, "One more site then that's it!" But the next site mentions someone else & I may never know about them again & never get back there. This is just so fun & eye-opening to see how others live & think. I'm reading new moms & wishing I had this outlet when my boys were little. I'm seeing creative decorating ideas & dieting plans & funny stories that make me think about some of my own funny happenings & then wonder if I should try sharing them with you all.
So here I sit hanging out with unknown "friends" & being totally excited that I actually got TEN comments today! Woo-hoo! :) It's almost 5 pm on a Friday & I am not commuting or closing up a store or church office. I am in my beautiful home & hearing the birds singing out my window & wondering what to eat for dinner. I'm thinking that Mr. Yoga Mat is going to have to wait for saturday morning for our next get together.
And I blame you all.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
1. Right now, I'm feeling COZY.
2. WHERE I AM is where I want to be.
3. How does one GET THEIR FLAT HAIR TO PLUMP UP?
4. POST ITS keeps me on track.
5. Please don't TALK TO ME BEFORE MY COFFEE INTAKE.
6. MY AMAZING LIFE fills me with joy.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to A GLASS OF LOVELY WHITE WINE, tomorrow my plans include SLEEPING IN and Sunday, I want to HAVE A GREAT LUNCH WITH MY GANG!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
1. Follow the books & Jujy Fruit to find me.
2. A pile of new fashion magazines are something I always take with me on vacation.
3. To achieve your goals, you must focus & say no to any detours .
4. I believe the best about people is something I'd like you to know about me.
5. I have a freckle on my toe that looks like dirt.
6. I love root beer floats.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to chilling with my hubby, tomorrow my plans include laundry & yoga and Sunday, I want to enjoy being with my best friends!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Anyway we had his room all redone & decorated with our collected items from traveling to China, Fiji & the Phillipines, the FIRST time he moved out & then had to watch it get all full of guy garbage when he had to come back for a bit. Stacks of cds, comics, underwear, drums and computer stuff defintely changed the ambience of the space if you know what I mean. And the aroma!
Now that he is moved out, just in the next town about 8 miles away, we have our beautiful contemplative room returned to us slightly worse for wear. (That gray smudge on the white wall came off easily enough with some 409 cleaner. ) And I am happily using it to do my yoga workout in the early mornings before anyone is up! I just roll my little purple yoga mat out on the straw floor covering & I am all set.
Why does this make me so happy? Keep in mind that yoga or any exersice for that matter takes concentration & calmness to stick with it & not get distracted. I have been doing my workout in my bedroom during the day (on my days off) or evenings while the rest of our 4 person family were doing other things around the house. When I would stretch out on the mat for the floor portion of the workout it would feel so sweet to stretch this way & that until I opened my eyes & came face to face with the bunny size dust bunnies under my bed! Yuck, how do they multiply & grow so fast? I don't get it! (I have discovered that this is one distinct dis-advantage to having all hardwood floors in the house.)
I also had trouble with the balancing poses. To lean way over on one leg with both arms out by your sides can be tricky when you keep crashing into the closet door or bed on either side. Of course now I am really going to have to BALANCE! Yikes! Anyway between the grossness under my bed & the falling into my closet, it was not a terribly peace-enhancing, mind relaxing endeavor.
But now I have eliminated my last excuse for lack of exercise, oops!