Friday, January 2, 2009
I am finally getting around to accepting this HONEST SCRAP award from Sheri that I really am proud to own! She honored me with it on December 22 & I wanted to give it some true attention so waited until now to follow through on it. I did not understand it at first but according to Sheri, it means – “leftovers, fragments, discarded material, and many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. We tell it like it is and let the scraps fall where they may.The honorees are to: a) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to other bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap. "
One of my main goals & reasons for this blog was to have a place to express myself HONESTLY without thought of judgement or self-editing. And this little award has reminded me of that beginning agenda. So 10 honest things about me............
1) I have been "nice" for too many years. I can remain a kind woman without always being perfectly nice to the point of forgetting my own wants & desires.
2) I no longer allow others or myself to "should" on me.
3) When I do my stretching exercises in front of my laptop it looks like I am worshipping it.( Ouch, um, let's not go there right now kay?)
4) I had some major garbage happen to me in my childhood, but that's all I'm going to say about it because my past does not define my future.
5) I love God more than my little words can describe to you.
6) I know for a fact that God smiles way more than most people can imagine.
7) I do not want my blog to get stuck in the "Christian" category. I am one & I love them, but I want to learn to see the bigger, broader more open picture of our world & the amazing variety of people in it. I used to be afraid of unbelievers, now I am often more afraid of "christians".
8) I really, really care how many "followers" I have! Ha!
9) I have still told no one in my family or circle of friends what the address to this blog is. :)
10) I like me.
Ok, now I don't really know who to pass this on to because you are all kind of in the same circle & have had it already. Umm, let's see. Those of you who I "Follow" are being followed by me because I saw a lot of honesty in your site & that is why I hit the "Follow" button on your page. So...if you see my little brown haired picture in your "followers" box, then please consider yourself worthy of the HONEST SCRAP AWARD!
(Was that a terrible cop-out so I wouldn't have to choose? too bad. See, I'm getting really good at being honest aren't I?))