Followers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Okay December, Here We Go!


I just spent the last several hours putting up our Christmas decorations, which I had decided 
were going to be minimal this year. One tree, one wreath and one nativity.


As tissue paper was removed from one tree ornament after another, the memories spilled out also.
ALL over me! Did you know that silly little glittery things can hold emotions and stories? 
An empty nest holiday combined with oldies Christmas music can be kinda dangerous!

Long story short, all that mushy, nostalgic-ness plus missing a fun christmas performance tonight led me from one decoration to another
and now my house has three trees (not real), four wonderful nativity scenes, a big wreath on the front door, four homemade christmas stockings and........well, you get the idea.



Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Yes I do love the memories behind the ornaments!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to be a minimalist when the emotions start flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our tree is now the size of a three-ringed binder, with lights. The grandchildren will decorate it in a few days. I'm a bit slow at getting my advent wreath out, for fear Miss Sadie will try to eat the candles. (She's a peculiar dog, who does strange things like that!)

    But when we look through the tree ornaments, we can still remember which ones came from my late parents, who gave us what else, etc.

    Nostalgia in overdrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To all 3 of you......Yes, I figure you might as well just flow with the emotions, takes more energy & grumpiness to fight them anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda