Followers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Suger Plums Dancing in My Head

Californians get silly when visiting snow country!
 I did not sleep much last night. In the past, even in my grown up years I have not slept well during Christmas week due to excitement and high anticipation. But my sleep last night was not disturbed by Christmas at all. As I was drifting off to dreamland a surprising little thought occurred to me. It has totally changed my mood and given me a brand new surge of energy and excitement. 

I was thinking about newly married (10-10-10) Writer Son and Sassy Bride arriving here from out of state on New Year's Eve. They are not just visiting, they are MOVING HERE! Hubs and I are so happy and giggly about it! 

I realized that life around here is going to change rather abruptly. Writer Son has Sassy Bride, and Rocker Son has a new girlfriend (Hmm, need a name) and they will ALL be living near us. I know they have tons of friends and will be socially busy, but still! They will be in our house often I am sure. (don't tell me otherwise for now ok?)  At last our quiet, calm and clean house will be full of life, laughter and family again! I will have SIX at the table sometimes! 
2007, the last time we were in a snow state at Christmas!
What kept me awake was a mind that decided it was the perfect time to plan the very first get together of all six of us! Writer Son & Sassy will be arriving in town on the 30th so I am trying for a New Year's Eve early dinner so they can all go out and carouse with friends after eating with us. 

As I tried to sleep, my thoughts were full of seating arrangements and meal ideas and wondering if Writer Son & Sassy will need to sleep here if their furniture movers had not arrived yet. Also swirling through my dreamless sleep were thoughts of how great Rocker Son's girl is going to love Sassy Bride!


Oh yes, it is interesting how quickly things can change! I was moaning about our empty-nest, boring, quiet season, and I believe that in the next few days we will have a houseful of life! 

And when we get tired and want to be alone
we can just kick them out!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. It is so lovely that you will have your family so close! Best of wishes to you all this Christmas and thank you for sharing these little pieces of your life over the last year, I have very much enjoyed reading your blog and hope that when you publish your book I will get the opportunity to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jane, I am enjoying your blog also! Hope you have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beginning to sound like our place, Brenda. And it has such potential!

    All three of us (Beloved and I; Son and DIL, with kids; and Daughter) live in the same city, within walking distance of each other (if you like a good walk!).

    Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day: three events. Three homes. Mix and match annually (or follow established tradition). Fine system. Trust you'll discover that, too.

    Blessed Christmas to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Xmas you beautiful woman.......from steaming hot, sweaty and not enough -fridge- space Lisa in New South Wales Australia ....... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda