Vodka Mom just posted about getting an award that asked her to list what she has learned from her boys & it is hilarious, you must go read it...but come right back OK? Isn't she funny? She mentioned that any mom of boys could steal the award & do the same. I am wondering though....do a 23 yr old & a 26 yr old count as "Boys"? My conclusion is if they still ACT like boys, TALK like boys & CLEAN like boys, they are still boys! Right? Right.
I have learned:
- Boys think that if they actually go to all the trouble of picking up something in the bathroom, that counts as cleaning the bathroom.
- Boys believe in super heroes even if they make no logical sense at all. Mutant Ninja Turtles???
- Boys leave dirty soap behind.
- Boys are more honest than girls. They are! They tell on themselves all the time, girls can be sneakier about their misdeeds.
- Boys don't really need toys to have hours of fun. Sticks, rocks & a gutter can be mesmerizing.
- Boys that really are men believe that they can iron some pants & a long sleeve shirt in about 1 minute. Actually he did, by the time I went to see if his iron had heated up enough he said he was done & had put it away!
- Sons like hugs but usually will not initiate.
- Sons get extremely uncomfortable with a women's tears.
- Sons love mom's cooking even if it's not that great.
- Sons still have messy, stinky bedrooms. (Until a wife is in the picture. ) (I hope!)