Followers

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nana

I stole this idea from someones' blog today....click on the fourth file in your Pictures File & then click the fourth pic in the file & post about it. When it was this wonderful pic I could not keep myself from smiling, can you? This is Nana, my best friends' mom. We gave her a birthday party last year that was so fun & silly & very touching. She is as beautiful in spirit as she is in this pic, always smiling & saying witty things that no one expects. I love this lady!

I hope that when I reach her wrinkled age I will carry it as gracefully as she does. Unfortunately we have seen a strong decline in her mental capacities in the last year & she does not always know who I am. But still she smiles. The other day she looked down at herself while we were lunching and said, "Hey, I am a woman!" all surprised like. We cracked up!

After that birthday party last year she did a little "cha-cha-cha" kind of dance outside the restaurant. I want that!


2 comments:

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda