Followers

Thursday, February 5, 2009

KISS


KISS
I am a book reviewer for Thomas Nelson Books & my latest read has been a Christian Fiction called KISS, by Ted Dekker & Erin Healy. I receive a list of new books to choose from & when I saw Ted Dekker’s name I remembered his earlier novels, BLESSED CHILD & A MAN CALLED BLESSED & especially BLINK. I enjoyed very much & happily looked forward to his latest mixture of the supernatural & faith & mystery.

KISS is about a woman named Shauna who has been in an accident & comes out of her coma with the ability to steal the memories of other people. This “gift” is great for her problem of amnesia but she soon realizes that the cause of her accident may be connected to some discoveries she was making concerning her estranged father who is running for President.

I still cannot put my finger on it but this novel was missing some of the excitement & hope of the above mentioned books that I had read before. I probably would not have read the whole book if not for this review task. It ended well & I am glad I finished it, but it just lacked something at the beginning. It may be that the idea of stealing someone’s memories with a kiss is kind of useless & really has no redeeming value that I can think of.

If you are interested in a clean spy-thriller-amnesia-finding herself kind of story, this will entertain you. If you are looking for a glimpse into God’s truly supernatural world that we all have access to, this is not the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda