Followers

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Take Me Away!


Tomorrow night I will be sitting around a campfire on the beach! Late last night I took a call from a friend who wanted me to join her and my other two best friends in someone's beat up trailer on a beach about an hour from us for three days!!

I am so excited to get away and have some fun with my girly-friends!! I am packing some bananas, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows which we will grill over the fire in foil and then open up for some yumminess!! Everyone else loves to cook and will bring tons of food and this will be sole contribution. They will be so surprised and will love it!!

These women are my closest friends, we have laughed till we snorted (well one is a snorter!) and did that other thing that women beyond fifty do when they laughed too hard. There have also been a lot of tears flow in our times together. We've held one another through both garbage and good news.  Add more than a few bottles of wine to those occasions and that may explain the loads of laughter at stuff that was probably not really very funny. (That is an exaggeration, sort of.) Heehee!

So my little bag is packed and off we will go on a Sunday morning no less! Scandalous! Don't be picturing a glorious sunshiny expanse of sugary sand though. Northern Cali beaches, at least ours, are foggy, rocky and gravely sand with lots of dunes and cliffs to climb up and down. No swimming at our beaches unless you have a wetsuit. We will be walking, hiking, sitting and yakking. That is the agenda and it sounds totally perfect.

But it will be a blast! Hubs hates camping. I grew up loving it and have missed the aroma of a campfire in my sweatshirt.

Cannot wait!


7 comments:

  1. Have tons of fun and a safe trip. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I need to wish you a good time - it sounds like you already know it will be! Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. You are so lucky to have such good friends. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you'll have an amazing time with your girly-friends. From the sound of it, those times are all amazing. Pls. take a few pix for us in the process. Thnx.
    Besides, Hubs has to go to work now. He'll be so busy, he'll hardly miss you. Perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I¨m so jealous! I love camping and campfires. I hope you have a lot of fun and enjoy your friends.
    Now that Hubs has a job you can be so carefree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds absolutely perfect for you. Have a fabulous time and take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a BLAST! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda