Followers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A New Direction

*
I cannot tell you how much better I felt after writing last night's blog post! It seemed like I turned a corner in being honest with you, my five or six regular readers. (Even though I have over 200 Followers, I know I have lost many due to my recent sporadic posting and even less commenting. But this is the beginning of my come-back if you will.) I do sincerely want to thank my faithful few who have stuck with me and been so very encouraging in these last months of family loss and job loss. You are the best! Rob-Bear, Betty, Bipolar Diva, Kim, EmptyNester, and Bouncin' Barb, thanks so much! I have acquired a few new commenters recently and I welcome you also but will not try to name you now or I will be here forever making all these links!

This morning it occurred to me that this blog site has become something very different than what I had envisioned it in it's birth. I thought I had a story to tell of my journey from one place to another in my heart and mind. From stuffy school marm to freedom embracing motorcycle mama. I loved my job working with twenty-somethings and bragged on and on about living the life you love by doing a job that matches up to your passion.

I believe that I have been doing that, I was always honest and I held little back from you about my life. Then when the job ended and things were not so rosy and full of passion, I backed off from full disclosure and even considered closing this blog down. It became neglected and an afterthought to put up a general picture filled post. 

But this morning's thought came to me about Walking Butterfly; it is still a place of honesty, though the message may change because the JOURNEY has changed! And that's OK. My new journey presently is one of walking (or flying) onto a blank canvas. Into the unknown and unexplored. Hubs and I are jobless. We have our home and enough to pay for it for a couple more months. 

I have no clue whatsoever about how this story is going to end. Will one of us find an amazing and money filled job in the next few weeks? Will we end up without this home we love after all? Will I get a shocking writing offer that saves the day? Will I need to give up my dream and go sell tacos at Taco Bell?

So, lucky you! You get to be part of this mysterious true story. I am back and you my dear bloggy friends will be my safe outlet to spew the good, the bad and the ugly. Aren't you just so excited and thankful? Ha! 

I am.



* (Pic credit: http://weheartit.com/entry/11565139)

10 comments:

  1. This is where I've been Brenda for the last year almost since I began a blog. No income, no savings, waiting 2 years now for a disability hearing. Can't go anywhere, can't do anything, and not able to travel to see my grandkids. I'm not proud of it but I can't help where I'm at right now. You have nothing to hide. There are millions of people in the same boat as you. I know it doesn't help pay the bills but it's not anything you did to put you there. We have to keep our chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Barb, it is amazing how many are struggling financially right now. Last Sunday in my church someone led a prayer for people who needed a serious financial miracle immediately and 2/3 of the group stood up!
    Thanx for listening and being who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! Even though it has been awhile since I have visited, I love reading your posts because the honesty shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the heroic part of your journey is staying calm, until you find the job you love. I don´t think I could do it. I´m so impatient, I would probably settle and take a job, any job like being a DQ cashier or something. I truly admire that in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Susan, you are a gutsy lady, hanging in and trying to make things work. You haven't quit. Hooray for you!
    I've always believed that about 90% of everything is just showing up. You've been showing up; maybe you'll discover new places to be when you show up. In fact, you already have.
    And don't quit riding your Yamaha!
    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stressful and exciting times all at once. I hope you find what you are looking for...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes our little detours in life are a little scary and uncertain...but I know the Lord is leading you to the path He has designed just for you. I've learned that He has to shut the door before I'll even consider climbing through His opened window. Praying for you and your current situation. Also, I'm glad you're not shutting your blog down. I so enjoy reading it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Despite the fact that I often write about the silly things in my life, I have to say, when I'm reading other people's blogs, I'm most riveted to those who write with honesty and authenticity. Although I'm not a regular, I have come by in the past, and have always enjoyed your voice. I'm so glad you are staying in this community and continuing on your journey of self-discovery....Motorcycle Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I've left comments at three of your posts now and dang blogger is not letting them show up! I'm annoyed.

    Anyway, I was here! And I said something along the lines of you hanging in there and all would be well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe that I have been so slow getting here to read this (busy lately). I love your writing talent and your honesty. Why we blog? I have no idea? I do feel for the job situations and the thoughts of losing your home. I finally learned that we cannot plan very far ahead anyways....My lesson during our unemployment??

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda