Followers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Riding and Writing....


I have to say that this leisurely life is really a great way to live! Lately I have lost track of what day of the week it is and sleeping in every single day. I could get used to this. We are getting chores and projects done around the house and yard. Things are looking nice and clean and organized. I even cleaned out that scary nasty dark place under our bed! Why did I save years of magazines under there? No clue. But getting all this done feels great! This is the life.

If it just wasn't for that pesky little fact that we are unemployed and have zero moola coming in. 

Oh yeah, that.

I doubt that it ever slips Hub's mind though. How long will we have this house? How many more weeks can we stretch out of our savings? Leftovers and our garden are looking pretty yummy these days. When we had jobs we ate lunch out every single day and then just snacked at dinner time. As of today we have not eaten in a restaurant of any kind, even fast food, in two months. 

We are looking better though! Must be the healthy vegies from the garden we are making full meals out of. I even cut my own hair 2 weeks ago and saved us my usual $30 salon cut. And it looks great! 

But the not working has also made us a bit stir-crazy. I love to write and have spent hours each day doing so. Sending stuff to magazines and online job offers. But oh man, you can only do so many chores around the house and we are so very thankful for our bike that allows us some free entertainment that feeds our spirits and rejuvenates our minds.

Every time we ride I get writing ideas! It's amazing. Must be something about the fresh air and inspiration of nature. I always come back to the house with blog and article plans buzzing in my head. My two favorite activities lately work together really well....riding and writing!




All the luggage we took on a recent overnight trip with a  B&B Gift Certificate!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're still able to keep on keeping on, while you wait to see what happens next.
    Blessings and Bear hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to write! I know the cutting $$ out, in every way. I remember thinking, how does some people get their hair cut, when they have no money?? Those small things became a lesson for me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jobs or not, we could all probably start watching how we spend. You just never know. I'm still keeping y'all in my thoughts and prayers for something to come through.

    So, riding inspires? Maybe I should let Hubs get a bike after all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your positive attitude will get you through, along with your faith. I'm so glad you have your bike to get you out and away.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. My late hubby and I had several bikes. We rode any chance we could until he got to slow in reflexes and decided it wasn't worth it. I miss it. So can understand where you're coming from. My stepson is paying our expenses now for us. If this disability doesn't come through soon I'm going to check in to a padded room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with EmptyNester.

    Hubby and I seem to have to economise more and more as we get older and costs go up.

    I cut Hubby's hair all the time now - badly or not - he no longer complains.

    Hope it all gets easier for you. As for the riding I am sure it helps with writing. I do my thinking when I walk (or when am in the bath!)

    Carol
    www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on the over 40 page. Thought I'd pop by and say hello. Feel free to pop by if you get a chance. Kim
    http://losingitlikealunatic.blogspot.com/
    http://cravingsofalunatic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Riding is good for the soul! We have an overnight trip this weekend. Can't wait! Love, love, love that pic of you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda