Today in school we shared our stories of the trip & all are amazed at what a difference a small handful of people can make. We all had about 8 or 10 new friend requests on our facebooks, from the Philippines! Fun!
In bullet point form, here is what we did from April 22 - May 2, 2009
- Sat. 3pm - Arrive & taken to hotel in Bacolod.
- 6:30pm - Meet & Greet Dinner with Filipino church. (Arrived in pitch dark due to a 7 hr blackout that only ended once we all sat down to eat!)
- Sunday morning - Half the students worked with kids outside while other half spoke in adult service. Very fun & casual.
- 2pm - 5pm - Students gave prophetic words to local church leaders. Very encouraging & spot on. (During this slot, the other female leader & I slipped away to get wonderful massages! Heehee!) o yes.
- Monday 8:30am - Noon - Painted local church building.
- 3pm - 6pm - Taken to first slum area. 1 team entertained & blessed the kids while another team went door to door offering to pray for people. I got brave enough to lead the prayer teams on both days & I was able to pray for 3 women with arthritis who were immediately healed right under my own hands. I saw it & felt it & was rewarded with a few thankful kisses after they finished jumping up & down & flexing their arms & fingers!!!! Ha!
- Tuesday 9am - 10:30am - All teams met together to share stories & celebrate!
- 10:30 - 11:45 -Teams went "Treasure Hunting". They pray & ask God who He wants to speak to in the surrounding area. They write down whatever comes to mind, ie: red shirt, sore arm, umbrella lady, etc.. Then they went out & found these people & believe it or not it works! They saw many healings every time they went out & the people were blessed to see themselves on the little peice of paper! Students love doing this.
- 3pm - 5:30pm - Second slum/squater area. I got to experience seeing a lethargic baby seem to "wake up" while I prayed for her! More later..
- 6pm - Amazing dinner in a great seafood place where you choose the fish yourself.
- Wednesday 9am - Noon - treasure Hunting again.
- 2pm - 4pm Attended a graduation ceremony for foundation that the Filipino church runs for the slum & other kids in area. Beautiful to see them blossom with care & educational assistance!
- 5pm - 9pm Cultural Exchange evening. The students were divided into groups of 2 or 3 & sent home with Filipino families to help prepare dinner & compare lives. Life-long bonds were made in this time. Brought back to hotel by 10pm.
- Thursday was recreation day! - So fun! went to a wonderful swim area that is a natural spring, totally beautiful & jungle surrounded. Water buffalo grazing & working along side the area. Students organized a spontaneous water baptism for those who wanted it.
- Friday - Free morning to pack & rest for evening.
- 3pm - 6pm set up for youth rally that night. Hand out fliers, bands practice, prepare food.
- 6pm - 9pm - Youth rally with several churches and invited people attending. noisy, wild, fun.
- Saturday 4AM! - check out & head to airport.
- Arrive home about 19 hours later but it is 1pm Saturday!! Very confusing!
PS. The link to Facebook did not work. Not sure how to let you see the pics.