Followers

Monday, December 8, 2008

A Book Review for Thomas Nelson Books


A Review of My Little Girl, by Tim McGraw
December 8, 2008

This brightly colored & eye-catching children’s’ book is a fun one to read aloud to your daughter. It is meant to be read aloud by daddies because it is all about a little girl who gets to spend a fun day with her daddy. At first she thinks they are going to do something spectacular & she feels a bit disappointed when she finds that he has no big exciting plans for their day together. But her loving, playful dad knows how to make even ordinary errands into an unexpected adventure.

The illustrations by Julia Denos are my favorite part of the book! The little girl in the drawings is dressed silly & realistic in a tutu over a shirt along with a play tiara & hiking boots. The characters in the illustrations are very fluid, colorful & positive. My Little Girl is a cute, inspiring book by country music singer, Tim McGraw who has three daughters. Any fan of his or his wife Faith Hill would really enjoy having this book for their children in the house even though it is a bit over priced in my opinion.

By Brenda Susan at http://brendasusan.blogspot.com/

This is my first book review & I do not know how to get a picture of the book on my post. Any helpful tips would be appreciated from others who are doing reviews for Thomas Nelson Products. Thanks.
****Thanks for help bloggy friends, I did it!

7 comments:

  1. I did some promotional posts for a Henry Blackaby book. There were several sites with images of his book. I right clicked and saved the image. I think at one point the PR person I was connected with included an image. I figured since I had their permission with an advance copy of his book along with free reign to review and post portions of the book that I could do whatever. So far they have loved what I did to promote and review the book. I don't know if that helps.

    I always think children's books are pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review.

    I get pictures by doing an image search in Google. Then I right-click and save the image I want (like the book cover). Then go into your post and click on the "insert image" link. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenda--Just ran across your blog! I also am a book reviewer for Thomas Nelson.

    About the picture thing--go to the page that TN sends you when you sign up for the book--it is there page for that specific book.

    Then, Right click the picture of the book. Copy and then Paste it in your picture file on your computer.

    Then, when you are writing your blog--click on the add a picture icon at the top. Find the picture of the book and add it it.

    This probably sounds so confusing--wish I could walk you through it a bit easier.

    If you have any questions about my down-right confusing directions--just ask!

    God Bless!

    Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great book for a daddy of a little girl! I wish I had a granddaughter, but only grandsons at this point! I love Tim McGraw..and Faith and got to see them in person a few years ago! What a show! Have you tried going to the picture, right clicking on it to save in your picture section on your computer, then clicking on your picture upload button in your Blog's composing section to insert it?

    Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does one become a book reviewer? I might like to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When posting a picture of a book, you can upload the picture like a regular picture. If you mean the amazon.com type with a link to it, you have to edit the html in that post to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks gang, you helped me so much! I am loving all this new learning in this world of blogdom.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda