For some reason I kept coming across blogs that were full of physical ailments, the good old days or grandkid pictures. Individually I have nothing against writing about any of these topics once in a while. But the over-all tone of many blogs by mature women was a tad negative or else gushy-gooey.
And since I openly complained about those blogs on here, today I cannot tell you that:
- One week after Hub's mother passed away, MY mom is unexpectedly in ICU fighting for her life.
- My mom is 76 and I really should have put the word "only" in front of that number.
- Sure never used to consider 76 to be not very old.
- She lives even farther away than the 600 miles my MIL lived.
- Sometimes it is not very fun to be the "sandwich generation". Caring for both our kids and our parents.
I am not really feeling negative or depressed. Real life happens and my own particular journey has been and continues to be pretty sweet and blessed. Complaining is simply not acceptable. So I won't do it. But I knew that I had dropped in my posting here and wanted to check in with you all and let you know that I am alive. The sun is shining here in California today and my Hubby loves me and my sons are in love with amazing young women. All is well....