Followers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Wings Are Getting Stronger


Hey Gang, thanks for all the help getting me up to 200 Followers by my birthday tomorrow! It's been so fun to come here and meet my new friends.

I am so excited and hopeful about tomorrow! I did what women have been doing for years in order to have a fun birthday party. I set it up myself. I asked my two clueless sons and their talented ladies to come cook me a nice dinner at our home. 

Today I got a call from Sassy Bride asking  about my favorite cake and then when I hung up and left the room I heard Hubs get a call from her. Rocker Son's girlfriend messaged me on Facebook that she is so excited to cook for me and has tons of ideas! So my plan is working! Yay!

Today Hubs wondered aloud how the day will be with two strong young women working in our kitchen together. Writer Son's Bride and Rocker Son's Girlfriend have only met once, when we all had New Year's Eve dinner together. It was fun and easy, they all seemed to hit it off wonderfully, we left the two young couples talking in the restaurant parking lot as we drove home. So even though they are both strong young ladies I have no doubt they will have fun doing our special dinner in my kitchen. 

As Hubs and I chatted about the girls he continued on the same theme. He reminded me that there is a very popular belief that many young people marry someone who is like their parent of that sex. We were walking into a food store while we had this conversation and I stopped and said, "But I am not a strong woman!". He literally laughed at me as we continued into the store. 

It is a beautiful thing to be loved by someone who sees you in a much better light than you see yourself.

2/13/11 UPDATE
Oh man, going to bed at 11pm on my birthday
with 199 Followers!
So close to 200!
Maybe the Follow fairies will visit
my blog while I sleep!!
Thanx and welcome to my new followers!


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will have a wonderful birthday with your family. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Sunday downunder here in OZ - but perhaps not quite your birthday yet over your way? I'm #198 - thanx also for following me!

    When you need some escapism, entertainment, and extreme OZ adventure drop in to my downunder site!

    Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NEW FRIEND! Hope your day is nothing but fun and smiles. Enjoy the gang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the birthday dinner was a blast and you all cemented a beautiful future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday and I hope you have a rocking party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're probably close to partying about now. So Happy Birthday, again. I think the "two strong women" will put on an awesome display for you.

    And if your wings get any stronger, you'll likely be singing:

    Love lift us up where we belong
    Where the eagles fly on a mountain high


    Birthday blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to see kids grow into responsible young adults! Sounds like a great plan, even if you had to help with it
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so true. I wish I was the person that my husband or my dog thought I was!

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. "It is a beautiful thing to be loved by someone who sees you in a much better light than you see yourself."

    Boy is that the truth!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda