Followers

Friday, November 21, 2008

Blue & White China

I have some truly amazing friends! No, I mean it, I am surrounded by many very creative & artistic people. One of my close friends is selling her paintings in galleries here & in Hawaii for thousands of dollars. Another part of my gang has written 5 books & working on a 6th right now, actually 3 of my buddies have written books! Crazy! Some are musicians with CDs out & invitations all over the world.

So I should have known better when I gave one friend a bag of old ceramic flower pots that I no longer use. They were cracked & dirty but I couldn't just throw them in the garbage because they had sentimental meaning to me. I had purchased them at a goodwill store while I was still single. They just captured me & began my devotion to all things blue & white! I have used them for the last 30 some years for plants, combs, lipsticks, pens etc.

I gave them to a friend who does mosaics for a living. (well...part of her living)I figured she could use them in some of the cool stuff she makes & sells. Well, yesterday before I left work to come home mildly sick (Feeling fine now! Thanks for asking!) she begged me to come into her office & see her latest project. Tears soon appeared as she unveiled a gorgeous mosaic just for my family made out of our treasured pieces! What are you going to do with a buddy like that? I am blessed!
Check it out.....

6 comments:

  1. That really is beautiful. To think someone took the time and talent to do that is very sweet - you are blessed.

    Harley says Hi back and thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,

    The mosaic is beautiful! Yes, you are really blessed to have such friends, and I'm sure they feel the same way about you.

    I think I just figured out why you haven't been receiving my comments. (Has to do with mix-up over my blogspot username).

    Anyway, I have been enjoying your posts. And thank you so much for the award! I feel honored (and a bit guilty for have slacked on my posts).

    I'm glad you're feeling better. Have a blessed wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly blessed! That is a wonderful gift! And to be surrounded by friends with such talent must make life more interesting!

    I don't know if you remembered that I ranted against Homemade Presents but this one is more than acceptable!

    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Jenners I remember your rant about homemade gifts & usually would agree with you. But considering my talented friends, that kinda changes the outlook a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is so absolutely beautiful! It looks so great in your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda