Followers

Friday, August 27, 2010

Sad news, Great news!

I enjoyed a very long phone chat with Writer Son last night. He is in Texas, we are in California. He and the delightful Miss M will be married in Texas in about 6 weeks!

It was a great talk, full of wedding details, job updates, deep thoughts on being a husband and being in love. But one little item that was mentioned brought me to tears. He did not know that I was chatting with tears in my eyes though!

What did it to me this time? He told me about some game at their first wedding shower, co-ed wedding shower! A little yelp of sadness did escape me I am afraid and he immediately said, "Oh don't be sad Mom." I always pictured myself as part of the pre-wedding fun, you know.

This distance thing is really hard. Harder than I thought it would be. Due to the distance of a wedding in TX, my parents and my sis and brother and their families will not be able to attend the wedding!! Of my eldest son! The first grandchild of the family!! Dang it! (They cannot afford an additional reception in Cali.)
BUT, some really wonderful news also came out of this late night phone call! Writer Son and Miss M (gotta find a new name for her!) have chosen to begin their married life.........in California....in our town!!!! YES! I am not free to tell anyone this due to some job situations etc. but YAY! (Once again I am so thankful that this blog is not known to the people in my life. And if any of you who know me in "real" life have found this little spot of anonymity, DO NOT TELL ME OR MENTION THIS OK?)

I would say that the good news clearly outweighs the sad.

Are they not the cutest couple ever?

4 comments:

  1. That is fantastic news!!! I bet you are super excited! This is why blogging is so wonderful cause you still get to tell people something even when you aren't allowed to!!

    When again is the wedding date? We are going through this together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Java, yes we are going through this together! Ours is 10.10.10, yours is near that right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome!!! I am overflowing with joy for you...and I'm jealous; I'm in Alabama, and my family is in Texas.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda