Sunday, April 19, 2009
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The 40 Meme
OK my idea of doing something wild & crazy is that I am doing this meme without even reading ALL the questions before I begin to see if I want to!! Woo-hoo! Here goes one wild lady!
To play go HERE.
1. My uncle once :Embarrassed me in front of the whole family reunion when as a young wife I wore some big red earrings, by saying, "Wow, couldn't you find anything redder?" It doesn't sound very mean but it was. He was an ultra conservative church guy who thought that make-up, etc, was evil. So sad to actually think a COLOR is evil! Sad, sad life.
2. Never in my life : Have I broken a bone. I was hit in the face by the full swing of a baseball bat once, which made me pass out & wake up with a bloody nose & two black eyes, but nothing broken.
3. When I was seventeen : I met my future husband but did not like him, in fact I disliked him a lot. Things change! :)
4. High School was : Hard, uncomfortable, boring, intimidating and a good thing to be done with.
5. I will never forget : Holding my firstborn son for the first time 26 years ago. He was 3 weeks early & we had not set up his room or bought me some nice jammies for the hospital so Hubs had to do it while I was in the hospital.
6. I once met : The High Chief of a remote island village in Fiji. We had to offer him a special gift of an animal to be allowed to be on his island! He was very kind, gentle & powerful.
7. There’s this girl I know who : I would love to have for a daughter-in-law, but I cannot say a word to my son cause that would be messing with his mind & heart & I will not ever do that! It's so hard though!!
8. Once, at a bar : Today I was at a brownie bar & I was able to say "No thanks, I'm driving!".
9. By noon, I’m usually : Ready to sit down & think about all that happened that morning at work.
10. Last night : I had chips & dip for dinner while watching TV & web surfing. Very bad girl!
11. If only I had : Realized that chips & dip do not contain anything essential to my body. Actually, I did realize it but totally ignored the realization.
12. Next time I go to gym/church : Don't have a gym membership so: Next time I go to church it will be in the Philippines & I will be up front praying for people! yikes!
13. Susan Boyle : Has surprised all of society, especially Hollywood because they all think that beauty is more important than anything. Yay for you Susan! Crazy that we all know her name, isn't it?
14. What worries me most : I seem to have pretty much forgotten how to worry. Seriously. Worry = Meditation on a a negative outcome that may never happen.
15. When I turn my head left, I see : An antique dresser that used to be chartreuse green until I stripped it & now it is beautiful & holds our music system.
16. When I turn my head right, I see : Our fireplace & the small fan that is blowing on me right now because it is a wonderful 93 degrees out today! Love it!
17. You know I’m lying when : My face turns bright red, but it does that often now since I have entered the lovely menopause season of life! So who knows when I am lying now?
18. What I miss most about the eighties : My sons were little boys & I could have had more fun with them than I did.
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be : Someone who changes her personality late in life.
20. By this time next year : I'll be eligible or the Senior Discount at Ross stores!! yay!
21. A better name for me would be : I actually like my name now but for many years I did not like it & I went by my middle name because it sounded less powerful & I felt less powerful.
22. I have a hard time understanding : Insurance coverage.
23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll : Go after a journalism education.
24. You know I like you if : I tease you.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be : My Hubs, he thinks I'm pretty great.
26. When I compare 80’s rock to 90’s rock :I would choose the 90's every time.
27. Take my advice, never : Eat the fish eyeballs in the Philippines! Even though it is considered impolite to refuse the delicacy.... or just swallow them whole. Shudder!
28. My ideal breakfast is : fruit, cheese, muffin & coffee!
29. A song I love, but do not own is : "A Kiss is Just a Kiss". It probably has another title but....
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest : Don't plan on doing any clothes shopping unless it's for over-alls at the farm supply store. Happily, we are only 8 miles from a larger city with tons of shopping alternatives!
31. My favorite Beatle is : John, loved the glasses & humor.
32. Why won’t people : Believe how wonderful they are?
33. If you spend the night at my house : You'd need earplugs like mine because Hubs is quite noisy all night long. But I really do not complain now that I have friends who have lost their husbands & would love to hear some good old snoring in their beds.
34. I’d stop my wedding for : What? That was so long ago & so blurry. Oh, I know, I'd stop it to get some white or egg-shell colored shirts for the groom & groomsmen instead of PINK to go with the MAROON tuxes! Yikes, I'd also nix the maroon tuxes while I'm at it! Horrors, what did my mom push me into? It was the 70's people!
35. The world could do without : Maroon tuxes!!
36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than : Please help me erase this picture from my brain, oh man, cannot answer that one.....!
37. My favorite blonde is : I have 2 of them: Hubs & Writer Son. Yes, I can so have TWO favorites if I want to!
38: Paper clips are more useful than : Gum for holding papers together. At least if you want to appear at all professional at work!
39. If I do anything well, it’s : Encourage people. And I commend you Dear Reader, for getting this far...you are a truly amazing & wonderful person in all aspects of your life!! (Pretty good huh?)
40. And by the way : This meme was honka long! But fun!