Followers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

OMG!

I just wrote a whole post explaining the week I spent at my mother's bedside in the ICU at a hospital out of state. But it is too personal and exposing to put it out here at this time. So I will give you a somewhat vague idea and that will let you in on my fun times recently.....The word harrowing sounded like a good fit but I had to look it up to be sure. and yes, the synonyms work perfectly....agonizing, tormenting, painful and heartbreaking.

Here is the bare overview...
She signed a DNR. We finally came around to her thinking and agreed. Then Mom changed her mind at the last minute, literally! OMG, what a week my family has had! She is now fighting the damage done to her lungs and may even recover. I am still spinning with questions and wonderings!
Thanks for caring,

5 comments:

  1. I feel for you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m so sorry! That must be so hard to watch and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must feel like you got stuck in a revolving door. Sounds like Mom is a fighter. This is exactly why I believe in living wills and medical POA's. There's no doubt that way.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda