Followers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Gimmee, Gimmee

On your mark, get set, GO! Mother's Day weekend is just hours away and this year I have high hopes. I am the mother of two sons and a husband who loves to remind me that I am not his mother. Well, I don't WANT to be his mother but I DO want presents!

My sons are lovable, sweet and caring, but in the gift department, not so great. Oh, one year Writer Son presented me with an amazing box of chocolate covered strawberries though! That was amazing and delish! He got a lot of points that year.

But this year my hopes are high because both of my sons have lady-loves in their lives and that should make a difference right? Am I wrong in thinking that their ladies will remind them about Mother's Day? Don't dash my hopes now people.  Do your married sons give better gifts than they did before marriage?

My eyes are closed and my arms are held out, ready to receive the goodies on Mother's Day this Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. I sure hope you have a better Mother's Day than I will. My only son who is all grown up doesn't even call, text or acknowledge it. Nice huh? I hate Mother's Day and have for several years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have married children to know about answering that question. I do know that I have reminded my hubs to get something (I have helped with the gift) for Mothers Day....Yeah I am not his Mother either?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that my daughters are back home for this upcoming Mother´s Day, I can´t wait to see if they remember.... I¨ll let you know.
    Hope your boys girlfriends help remind them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie a man after midnight" perhaps.

    Well, happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a week celebration around here, my birthday is Saturday and the Mother's Day on Sunday. I know something's up I'm just not quite sure what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Diva! I look forward to hearing what they did for you! Happy Birthday beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda