Followers

Monday, February 11, 2008

My Best Idea!

Thirty years ago I made a decision that I had no idea was as great as it was. I was 23 years old & in love with a very tall, very skinny, very poor but also very “on fire” young man who made me laugh & was absolutely crazy about me.
I would listen to him talk about God with friends late into the night, his eyes growing more intense & amazed the later it got & the more impossible it was to describe the God that he saw.
I knew without a doubt that he was the one I wanted to grow old with, not that I was actually thinking about growing old at that point. My heart was convinced that he was my “one & only”. I wish I knew how I knew. I could see things that others just could not see. I could see a heart that burned. I could see an inner strength & faithfulness that was so deep it could not be budged. I saw a playful humor that caught people off guard & made me giggle again & again. It still does.

I married him 30 years ago & had no idea that it was the best idea I would ever have! Happy 30th my Curt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda