Followers

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Six Pounds to Six Foot Three

This Sunday
my tiny six pound preemie
will become the six foot three
husband!

My heart is simply
swirling with emotions
of all kinds.

Joy is definitely
the largest ingredient
in the mix!

Also present are thankfulness,
wistfulness for a passing season,
and
a bit of nervousness
about my new role
in his....ahem,
THEIR
life!

May I be
the kind of mother-in-law
who knows when to step away
and close her mouth.

Hopefully I will be
an encourager and not a
nag.
Let me be a welcome guest
and not an obligation.

May I be a safe place.
A place that is trustworthy
and loyal.

I want to
"be there" for them
without
being in their way.

Hopefully I will be a
Mother-In-Love.

8 comments:

  1. I have full confidence you'll be a wonderful Mother-in-Love. My mother-in-law, er-love, has been fabulous. So it IS possible. :)
    Making Life a Work of Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! i am sure you will be a very lovely mother-in-law (love). COngrats in advance.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  3. With this attitude in the beautiful poem, you will be a Mother In Love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you and your son! I am worried about being a good MIL one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It brings me to tears...it is absolutely a wonderful thing when a son gets married. You get the daughter you didn't have. Both my sons are now married. Enjoy the wedding :) Enjoy your happy tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was beautiful!!! I am thinking about you and will be anxiously waiting all the juicy details!!!

    Best of luck to everyone involved and may the day be filled with love and best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beautiful words for such a beautiful sentiment. you'll be a world class MIL!

    thanks for this lovely post.....cj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, such a sweet poem.

    Congrats to the happy couple and you of course.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda