Followers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Back In The Saddle...Sort of

I have been back to work this week after taking two weeks off to relax and process the huge staff changes at our place of ministry and work. In the past I never have wanted to take our two weeks at the same time because I LOVE being in the office surrounded by so much life and laughter. But this time it was very easy to stay home and I really did not and still do not want to go back!

I have loved the time to be alone and quiet and really think and meditate on the goodness of God, even when it has been difficult to see the good part of all that is happening around us. My God is still good. He is as close as my breath and that fact has kept me sane.

All this time to be still has re-birthed a desire to be creative. When I was so office-administration-duties swamped, my mind and heart had no room for creativity. I would arrive home after a day with people and all I wanted to do was sit and read or watch TV. Now I am full to overflowing with blog ideas and searching the internet for more online writing jobs. It feels good and right.

So we are back at the office getting ready to help with our church's new ministry school in the Fall. There is no guarantee of a salary until we see what the enrollment numbers are. That part is so not fun! So I am pushing, pushing for student applications on FaceBook every day and trying not to feel creepy for extolling the wonders of a school that has not even begun yet! I have nothing against promotion and advertising, but I want to be honest and real and not full of hype. It is a pretty tricky job!

Something very deep and solid in me says that God is smiling at us during this process because He knows that there is a wonderful surprise just around the corner. We really believe that. Every other time in my life when I was feeling lost regarding a big change, it always turned out to be a very clear upgrade for us. Sometimes it is healthy to look to your history for reminders of what God will do in your future! He has never let me down.

Besides now is the time for us to be excited and planning for this this next big event on our family........
This little cutie-pie is joining our family on 10-10-10! My first daughter at last! Writer Son has chosen so well and he will be marrying Miss M in Texas in just a few months! That is where my thoughts and emotions should be. We are saving up for the event and looking forward so much to seeing them happily married! God is good!

5 comments:

  1. So thankful you have your creativity back. I hope you find more writing jobs. I would like a few of those but I don't know where to look. Congratulations on your sons upcoming wedding. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your son's upcoming marriage, she looks lovely. Hope your enrollments exceed your expectations. Hope you're enjoying your research and blogging time. Blessings are in the small things - no telling what you'll run up on. Smiles.

    Haupi
    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting from Over 40 Bloggers and just became your newest follower. I've been blessed already by reading your blog. It just feels good over here. I am looking forward to getting to know you. Have a great weekend! Candace~♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Candace! Thanx for your kind words, I'll return the visit very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this line: "Sometimes it is healthy to look to your history for reminders of what God will do in your future!"

    And I think it is super awesome that they are getting married on 10/10/10. How brilliant. Simply fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda