Followers

Friday, January 23, 2009

Short Road Trip!

My hubs & I just drove (well I just rode!) eight hours from our home to spend this evening & all day tomorrow with my sister & her family. We haven't seen them since Christmas 2007! I have been so excited & so has she, as evidenced on her Facebook status "Only 3 more days till my sis is here!" so it was a little disconcerting just now to call her from our nearby hotel & hear her say, "Oh wow, I haven't even started dinner! I was just on your Facebook to see what day you were arriving!"

Then we both cracked up! We will be having her yummy potato soup tonight & then have a great day of talk & laughter tomorrow. The following day we will do a 6 hour drive to a wedding of some former students of ours! Right now I am sitting in a beautiful & brand new hotel using their FREE Internet service. Had to practically stand on my head to get to the plug-in for my laptop, but here we are doing exactly what we do at home in our own living room. Hubs is watching TV, but a much, much better one, this being a lovely shiny flat screen version, & I'm tapping away on here.

My sis & I are totally thankful for the Internet!! We connect all the time & it has changed our relationship so much. Actually the whole reason I made my very first foray into the world of the web, was because I heard my nieces & nephews were on myspace & I connected with them & really got to know them in a way I never could have over holiday dinners every other year! Yay for the Internet!

Hopefully I will be able to post some pics in a day or so. It is snowy & beautiful here, which is great, but we sure don't want to drive in the snow much or get stuck. We are wussy Californians ya know.

4 comments:

  1. Have a great visit and safe travel! Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I haven't been commenting much!! I always feel like I have tonnes of time but it's exam time for my daughter so the computer is tied up and I have to type this stuff on a Blackberry keypad. I always get lost on who I visited last although I'm READING the posts! Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new photo. It's so great! I'm glad you're getting to see your sis. The internet sure is a wonderful thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Hope you enjoyed the ride back! 8 hours in the car with hubby is really a test of patience for me. I don't know about you, but you deserve the patient wife award!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment even if it has nothing to do with the specific blog, it's great to know that you are writing stuff that real live people actually read, ya know?
Brenda